Today, I am continuing reading about EIGRP.
My goal for today is to get at least 40 pages of EIGRP reading done. Lots of nitty gritty details such as unequal-load balancing and route authentication.
To understand and process the material, 10 pages takes up 30 minutes of reading time. This includes reading the material, looking at the topologies being presented and thinking it through (in case of metrics and bandwidth calculate a bit to see where the authors are getting at).
I will update this post later in the day to track my progress.
Okay, so I managed to read close to 40 pages of EIGRP today. Lots of information. Among these are:
- EIGRP on WAN links (use of bandwidth + percentage of bandwidth usage on link)
- Dual workings (Diffuse Update ALgorithm)
- Manual route summarization
- Beginning of EIGRP stub and EIGRP hub
- SIA (Stuck-In-Active) (EIGRP never getting a reply to a query packet)
- Graceful shutdown
All in all, a very good day in the BSCI study program.